Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2021

English: Discussing a way a Character is portrayed in the text (Abomination)

 English: Discussing a way a character is portrayed in the text (Abomination)

Abomination by Robert Swindells

Martha Dewhurst

Age: 12 (Abomination)

Family: 1 Older Sibling and 2 parents

Challenges she faced:

When their parents caged her in her house when she found about a secret child being locked up in their house.

How she overcome them:

She remained calm despite the negatives and she placed a note outside for her friend Scott to have contacted the mother of the child (Her big sister Mary) for her and the child to escape.

Words that best describe her and why:

Commitment:

She kept going despite the difficulties and knowing all the consequences she might face.

Resilience:

She never gave up and kept going back up from the errors she made and the difficulties she encountered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.